Tuesday, November 21, 2006

25 Things I Realized Today

1. That teenagers are the most difficult people to deal with
2. That my superiors at work are not always the smartest people
3. That I will always be tired at 3pm no matter what I do
4. That I spend at least 75% of my life waiting for my kids, picking up my kids, driving around my kids and arguing with my kids
5. That steak in a stir fry can not overcook or it gets tough
6. That I appreciate my house, after watching my neighbor’s burn down today
7. That firemen are underrated
8. That I don’t care for teenagers
9. That yoga is really hard
10. That I like yoga anyway
11. That even after taking a yoga class, if I have PMS, my family can still push my buttons enough to make me start throwing pots and pans
12. That my ex-husband can make nasty comments to me and still hurt my feelings
13. That I have my ex-husband on the same list as teenagers
14. That my present husband, as perfect as he is, can still argue with me over something as mundane as tuna fish
15. That teenagers are really selfish
16. That one of my dogs smells really bad
17. That I have fear deep down inside that my dreams will never come true
18. That I like to type
19. That wine can really help PMS
20. That it’s really hard to lose weight
21. That the media has turned Christmas into the equivalent of having sex with a prostitute—trashy teasing leading to the big climax, and BOOM! It’s all over, and there’s not even any afterglow. And all your money’s gone.
22. That some parents raise kids that would damage or steal another kid’s cell phone
23. That someone can have no job and no kids, and still have to see if they can squeeze you into their schedule
24. That I can’t live without chocolate
25. That God blessed me with a beautiful life…but did I mention that I’m not crazy about teenagers?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i will be the first one to comment :-) . sorry about #12. and to make you smile let me tell you i have a black belt in extreme yoga :-)

Dust-bunny said...

Abu,

LOL!! What the heck is extreme yoga? I didn't even know that they had belts for yoga. Oh wait...you are pulling my leg, aren't you? You are too funny.

Thanks for your condolences on #12. But another thing I've realized is that he can't help it if he's a friggin' idiot! ;)

Have a great one! Peace out.

Take good care,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lisa, i am also sorry abotu #12!
it seems like you are PMSing, and had too much teenagers in your face lately!! try to enjoy your holiday and have fun with it..too much wine and not losing weight?? i wonder why!
I will email you about how to add the blog roll..i could not post it here!

Dust-bunny said...

Summer,

Yes, sometimes I exaggerate the wine quotient for the sake of humor. I only have wine once or twice a week, sometimes not even that much, and when I do it's no more than 2 glasses, otherwise I get really embarrassing! I only had one glass last night, but it seemed to do the trick.

I saw your email and I'll work on that later on tonight when I have more time! Thank you once again--this time I'll save it to my Word program so it doesn't automatically delete from the email! You're a lifesaver!

Take good care,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

is someone out there in love with the teen years?????

Happy Thanksgiving!

www.Carine-whatscooking.blogspot.com

Dust-bunny said...

Carine,

Well, we know it's not me ;)

Actually, I love my kids beyond belief (as we all do) and every once in a while, I see a little glimmer of hope (like my amost 17 year old actually THANKING me the other day for telling her "no" the day before)!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Take good care,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

there is only 3 people in the world know about XtM yoga, me my master from Tibet and another person that I do not know. Have a great T-day.

Dust-bunny said...

Abu,

Actually, my husband said that he knows the other person, it's his Wing Chun teacher. But it's supposed to be a secret, so don't tell anybody!

Take good care,
Lisa